Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to register with the state in order to homeschool?
Yes, you will need to register your child as a homeschool student in your state of residence at your district’s office.
Which grade levels may homeschool through Cross Creek homeschool?
Students in grades 6-12 may enroll in academic labs as well as electives.
What curriculum is used?
We primarily use Abeka and in some of the upper-level math classes we use Bob Jones. Both are Bible-based, award-winning curriculums with Christian worldviews and traditional approaches to education.
What are the advantages of Cross Creek Homeschool?
- The environment is supporting and challenging.
- Academic and citizenship reports help to provide consistent pathways of communication between school and family which foster and encourage student accountability
- Classes are taught by teachers with master’s degrees
With which organizations is Cross Creek Christian Academy affiliated?
- American Association of Christian Schools
- Mid-South Association of Christian Schools
Cross Creek Church
How many classes may my child take?
Students may enroll in as many academic labs, fine arts, or electives as they wish as long as the schedule is feasible.
Does Cross Creek have a dress code?
CCCA follows a uniform dress code. Homeschool students attending day classes in fine arts or electives must wear uniform standard clothing, but this can be purchased anywhere uniforms are sold. Students attending after-school academic labs may wear casual clothing within the CCCA casual dress code.
What supplies will my child need? Is there a book fee?
Homeschooled students will have a Materials Fee that includes all required books and supplies for the selected course(s).
How can I check my child’s grades?
We use Gradelink, an online electronic, which allows parents to see grades, monitor attendance, preview assignments, and communicate with teachers.
What is the average class size?
Full capacity in 6th-12th grades is 12 students per class.
What are the parent’s responsibilities?
Homeschool parents are the primary administrators of their child’s education, and Cross Creek Homeschool is the professional support staff. We ask our school parents to commit to the following: communicate with the teacher(s) regarding academics or discipline, ensure student compliance with school policies as written in the handbook, and honor financial obligations in a timely manner.
How do I enroll my child at Cross Creek Homeschool?
- Tour and interview with School Administrator (prospective student and at least one parent/guardian)
- Submit completed application with non-refundable enrollment fee
- Submit completed report card from previous academic year as well as any standardized testing or ACT test results.
- Submit copies of up-to-date immunization record, birth certificate
- Sign contract of financial agreement
- Pay Materials Fee by August 1st
What is the best time to contact Cross Creek office?
- Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm during the school year
- 9:00 am-2:00 pm in the summer months
- Phone: (662) 895-0525.
- Email: email@example.com